Mould Removal

Mould and Mildew can contribute to many health issues if left unattended to. Many ways to remove Mould are just temporary solutions, as the root of the Mould is still there, it would just grow straight back.

The best way to get rid of Mould truly is by calling a professional to remove it for you. Depending on the seriousness of the Mould, we can kill it either using chemicals or we would have to strip the wall with the Mould on it.

To make sure that it's done professionally and safely, contact us and we will do it right.

The easiest form of mould that can be spotted is the most visible type of mould, called mildew, which are black spots at first, but then they often grow into larger colonies of mould. It’s the black stuff you see in the lines of your shower, outdoors, on damp walls, and on the surfaces of deck boards and painted siding, especially in the shaded, damp areas. A surface that is suffering from mildew is often difficult to distinguish from a dirty one. A way to test if it is mildew rather than just dirt, dab a few drops of bleach to the area. If the area becomes lighter after one to two minutes, it is mildew, if not, it is just dirt.

Mould is a massive nuisance. It shows up as block spots on siding, discolours drywall, blackens the grout lines in your shower, grows on and rots damp wood, and darkens decks. Even worse, it can be bad for your health. Mould releases microscopic spores that cause runny noses, irritation, sneezing and allergic reactions. Not only this, it can cause injuries and odors.

Mould is everywhere. Mould is a type of fungus that grows from tiny spores that float in the air. Mould has the ability to grow almost anywhere that spores happen to land and find where they moisture along with a comfortable temperature, which is between 4 and 38 degrees Celsius. Which means that this includes about every damp place in your home.

Toxic black mould: known as Stachybotrys chartarum, also known as Stachybotrys atra., is the most common type of mould and is commonly found in residential households. Black mould can release spores as it feeds on plaster, wood, carpet, insulation and a range of other common household building materials.
Toxic black mould can be costly to remove, and black mould exposure and black mold poisoning can cause a wide range of health problems, some of them severe. Understanding black mould symptoms and health effects can help you and your family identify these indicators and take swift action to protect your health and your home.

Lots of mould in my house?

If you have a high concentration of mould, you may smell it. If you detect the typical musty odor, check for mold on damp carpets, damp walls, damp crawlspaces and wet wood under your floors, wet roof sheathing and other damp areas. Clean up these infestations right away before they get worse, and see the following photos for prevention measures on how to remove mold.